On September 7th, join Floofins & Co. as they participate in Morton Arboretum’s annual Tails on the Trails event. Morton Arboretum only allows dogs in the park on specific dates, so you won’t want to miss out on the fun.
Thing you should know about the event:
- There is a $5 admission per dog.
- The event begins at 10 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. However, dogs will be allowed on the ground from 7 a.m. to sunset for hiking purposes.
- Know that while there will be parking available, the lots might be a distance from the events so give yourself time to walk.
- This is an outdoors event so dress appropriately. Consider wearing hiking shoes if you plan to get out on the trails.
There are 16 miles of hiking trails and local businesses and organizations will be available as part of the pet expo. A crowd favorite – the peanut butter licking contest – will be back this year. So, be sure to sign your dog up for events and pick up your pet bandana at The Morton Arboretum booth at the expo.
The Arboretum asks that attendees follow specific rules while in the park with their dogs:
- Keep your dog leashed at all times.
- Do not let dogs wander off the marked trails.
- Bags are available at the Visitor Center, so clean up after your pet.
- Only bring your dog if it is vaccinated and properly registered.
Finally, remember that you cannot take your dog in the following locations: Children’s Garden; Maze Garden; Visitor Center; Thornhill Educational Center; and Administration Building and Research Center. Get more information at https://www.mortonarb.org/events/tails-trails.
We look forward to seeing your tail on the trails!