Floofins And Company Celebrates 5 Years
April Fools Day might not seem like the best of days to launch a new business, but after 5 years of walking dogs, rubbing bellies, loving on kitties, caring for birds, checking in on reptiles, playing with ferrets, bunnies and other small and furry things, driving fuzz balls to the groomer, handling furry flower girls and “best men” in our client’s weddings and all of the other fun and rewarding duties our staff take on during the year, one thing is for certain, for Floofins And Company, April Fools Day is a day to CELEBRATE!
Like any business, the first five years can be a roller coaster of many changes. When looking back to the first business plan used to launch in 2010, it is amazing the changes we have made. Our mission still stands strong, to create a professional and high-end service company providing a kenneling alternative for fellow pet parents, but our business has definitely changed over the years. Some of the key changes we are most excited about include:
- Pre-Screening. On boarding a dedicated HR Coordinator to manage our pre-screening and hiring process along with adding methods, such as the ORION Survey which assesses important workplace attitudes such as attitudes toward theft, drug use, customer service, safety and tardiness/absenteeism, to ensure only the best candidates are placed into the interview process and added to the team.
- Education. Continuous revision of our Floofin U Training Program, which provides a foundation in dog, cat, bird, rabbit, reptile/amphibian, fish and small and furry creature care for all staff members paired with our required completion of Red Cross’ Dog and Cat First Aid and CPR Training.
- Accountability. Upgrading our online internal management system and fleet of field devices with GPS tracking to provide real time checks and balances and the piece of mind for our operations staff that visits are progressing smoothly and per client expectations.
- Management. Adding full-time office staff and after-hours support staff to keep up with any and all client needs.
- 24/7 Access. Online Client Care Portal upgrades to provide easy 24/7 online access to make new reservations, edit current reservations, update pet care instructions and check payment history at any time.
- Real-time Confirmations. Adding our daily Pet Care Journal communications and opening up our comment boards for our clients to connect with our team and provide real time confirmations that visits have been completed.
At Floofins And Company, we come to work each day proud of our progress but always open to new ideas on how to do things better. We are excited to see what the next five years brings.
Finally and most importantly, we want to send a big THANK YOU to our wonderful clients and their fabulous pets. We look forward to seeing all of our furry, scaled and feathered clients each day and wouldn’t be here without your support. You have become a second family to our staff. Because of you, our company has grown from an idea and a prayer to a team of pet care professionals. Happy April Fools Day and “Floofinversary”!
Leave a Reply