Does This Describe You…
- When referring to your pet, do you refer to yourself as their Mom or Dad?
- Do the words, “Who’s a good girl/boy” come out of your mouth in baby talk AT LEAST three times a day?
- Do you love your pet like a child with fur?
- Do you believe that ALL pets are furry family members and NEED to work for a company that treats them as such?
If you are shaking your head in the fashion of YES, Floofins & Company is looking for the Pet Care Specialist in YOU!
Please read the job description below, and then fill out our Online Application for Employment.
Pet Care Specialist – Pet Sitter Job Description
- Pet Sitters must be comfortable attending New Client Meetings, which are essentially interviews, for pet sitting jobs.
- Sitters must respect the confidentiality inherent in working inside client’s personal homes and follow pet care instructions to the letter.
- Sitters must also be comfortable referring to existing client notes and filling in for Pet Care Team members that are unable to service a primary client.
- Pet sitting visits range from 30 minutes to full overnights and are usually done at roughly the same time each day to keep continuity for the animals. For example, most cat sitting assignments consist of one visit per day while dog sitting assignments can range from 2-4 visits per day along with extended evening and overnight visit requests. Most pet sitting assignments are 1-2 weeks in length, but some may just be over a weekend. Visits are spread out during pet sitting hours of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sitters are usually paired in teams of two, one taking breakfast visits and midday walks and the other taking dinner visits and late night potty breaks. You must be available for either our Early Bird shift (6AM-3PM) or our Night Owl shift (3PM-10PM) to apply for a vacation care position. Overnight shifts are 10PM-6AM.
- Time will be spent walking dogs, feeding animals, cleaning up any messes you (or they) have made, scooping litter boxes and picking up poop. Having TLC and playtime with the pets is of utmost importance. Mail and newspaper pick up, trash removal, light+blind/curtain rotation and house plant care are also included.
- Even when it is raining or snowing visits must occur. Sitters feel comfortable driving/walking in the rain/snow.
- Sitters must be comfortable checking in and working with with our office staff and Online Management Software. This helps us ensure everything has been completed to client specifications. Staff members are GPS tracked at client visits.
- Sitters will also be required to leave detailed visit notes inclusive of photos and/or videos via our Online Management Software and converse with clients via our Comment Boards. Sitters must be comfortable using an iPad on the job.
- Sitters must take responsibility to not lose keys or lock out.
- Sitters must respect client confidentiality. Friends and/or children should not be present on visits, nor should sitters discuss with anyone that a particular client is away.
- Due to the bonding that occurs between our staff members and the pets in their care, we request that employees try to make a commitment to working with Floofins & Co. for ONE YEAR This request is not intended to change the traditional relationship of employment at will.
- Employees must also be willing to attend training and continuing education courses as requested by Floofins & Company.
If you accept the requirements and responsibilities outlined above, please fill out our Online Application for Employment.