Thank you for your interest in joining the Floofins & Co. team. We are always excited to meet other pet lovers!
Please note, applicants must be at least 21 years old and make a commitment of service for a minimum of nine months. A background check and drug test are also required to secure employment.
Please read the job descriptions below, and then fill out our Online Application for Employment as completely as possible.
- Pets will book rides at various times during the day for things like drop off and pick up from the groomer, daycare, the vet, etc.
- Pet taxi drivers must be able to track their mileage and wait time and submit timely reports in order to invoice clients correctly.
- Please be aware that dogs may shed hair in your car and/or may track mud in during the rainy season. A heavy blanket and towels are good items to bring with you to protect your car.
- Windows must remain at a safe setting (i.e. not low enough for a dog to jump out).
- Dogs must never be left unattended in a vehicle.
- Pet restraints will be provided and must be used at all times. Disinfectant will also be provided as equipment must be sanitized for each client.
- Pet wedding attendant duties are customized to each client. There will be an initial meeting before-hand to discuss expectations for the big day.
- Typical tasks include: taxiing the pet to and from the wedding, handling the pet during the ceremony and/or reception, taking care of potty breaks and water/feeding, etc.
- You may be asked to wear pet friendly formal wear, typical of what wedding photographers might wear.
- You must be flexible and work with each client to customize their experience.
- Wedding jobs may extend into pet sitting jobs after the wedding/during the honeymoon.
- Clients may also book our hourly rates for more traditional pet “babysitting” jobs and or for waiting for deliveries/etc.
- Pregnancy Planning begins with a consultation visit in order to pass along helpful tips to the mommy-to-be about acclimating their pets to the new baby.
- Also, during the consultation, a plan of pet sitting action for their pets is made and we mark our schedules around the time of labor.
- From there we wait for the labor call and begin the pet care plan outlined at the consultation.
- Dog staging is essentially a dog walk with extra tasks such as: putting away and bringing back dog crates, toys, bowls, etc.
- Dog staging visits will be booked at a specific time. You will need to be available above and beyond the 30 minutes scheduled in case the showing takes longer than expected. Agents will need to be able to contact you via cell phone in case they need more time.
- If weather is an issue, agents will expect us to stay and handle the animal (i.e. keep them busy and under control while in the home) until the showing is over.
- Home Checks are essentally a pet sit without the pets.
- The time will be spent picking up mail and newspapers, watering plants (interior and exterior), and checking the condition of the home.
- You will be required to check in by 10:30 p.m. on days you are scheduled to confirm that everything went well.
- You will be required to check in with the client as requested.
- Please also respect client confidentiality. Do not bring your friends or children to the house or tell anyone that a particular client is away.
If you accept the requirements and responsibilities outlined above, then fill out our Online Application for Employment as completely as possible.