Thank you for your interest in joining the Floofins & Co. team. We are always excited to meet other pet lovers!
Please note, applicants must be at least 21 years old and make a commitment of service for a minimum of nine months. A background check and drug test are also required to secure employment.
Please read the job description below, and then fill out our Online Application for Employment as completely as possible.
In-Home Dog Boarding Job Details & Responsibilities
- In-Home Boarders will be required to complete a background check and drug test.
- Floofins & Co. will call you with an upcoming client request. We will set up an interview time for you to meet the client in your home. Clients will be paired up with families based on the personality and lifestyle of their pet as well as location.
- You need to own your home or provide a letter from your landlord agreeing to private boarding happening in their property.
- You must confirm with your municipality that your home has appropriate zoning for such work. You must have a current boarding license with the State of Illinois. If you do not have one, we will help you attain one.
- Your pets need to be current on vaccinations and should be in good health when taking in boarding animals. Client animals are required to be in good health as well prior to boarding.
- Your pets should be licensed with the appropriate city.
- Your pets should be social and friendly with other animals.
- Your home must be free from obvious and known hazards.
- You should have a fenced-in yard and doors that latch properly or be prepared to walk dogs several times a day.
- You must have a safe and sanitary place to contain guest dogs when you are not home. Crates will be provided for you along with appropriate disinfectant for pet areas.
- The WHOLE FAMILY must be excited to take in pets.
- Understand that there will be accidents, illnesses and messes and dogs chew on things.
- You must have proof of liability insurance. (We will add you to our policy to cover the pets in your care and damage to your property)
- You must be familiar with and able to care for the breeds that you agree to board.
If you accept the requirements and responsibilities outlined above, then fill out our Online Application for Employment as completely as possible.