Does This Describe You…
- When referring to your pet, do you refer to yourself as their Mom or Dad?
- Do the words, “Who’s a good girl/boy” come out of your mouth in baby talk AT LEAST three times a day?
- Do you love your pet like a child with fur?
- Do you believe that ALL pets are furry family members and NEED to work for a company that treats them as such?
If you are shaking your head in the fashion of YES, Floofins & Company is looking for the Pet Care Specialist in YOU!
Please read the job description below, and then fill out our Online Application for Employment.
Pet Care Specialist – Dog Walker Job Description
- Dog walkers must be comfortable attending New Client Meetings, which are essentially interviews, for new dog walking jobs.
- Walkers must respect the confidentiality inherent in working inside client’s personal homes and follow pet care instructions to the letter.
- Walkers must also be comfortable referring to existing client care notes and filling in for Pet Care Team members that are unable to service a primary client.
- A window of time will be given to dog walkers marking arrival times for dog walking visits. This is typically a 2 to 3-hour window during mid-day or evening hours. Dog walking visits can range in length from 15-minute potty breaks to 45-minute walks. On occasion dog walkers may only have one walk scheduled in a day. Daily care hours are primarily 10AM-4PM Monday-Friday with opportunity for additional hours during evenings and on weekends. You must be available Monday-Friday 10AM-4PM to apply for a daily care position.
- Time will be spent walking/exercising dogs, and ensuring potty breaks are occurring. Basic walk requests such as refreshing water, wiping paws and giving treats are also included.
- All dogs must be kept on leash on walks. Floofins & Co. does not herd walk. Walkers will only be walking multiple dogs if they are from the same family or part of a requested social pairing.
- Even when it is raining or snowing dogs need to go out. Walkers must have rain/snow gear and feel comfortable driving/walking in the rain/snow.
- Occasionally clients are home sick or working from home. Walkers must be comfortable running into clients.
- Walkers must be comfortable checking in and working with with our office staff and Online Management Software. This helps us ensure everything has been completed to client specifications. Staff members are GPS tracked at client visits.
- Walkers will also be required to leave detailed visit notes inclusive of photos and/or videos via our Online Management Software and converse with clients via our Comment Boards. Walkers must be comfortable using an iPad on the job.
- Walkers must take responsibility to not lose keys or lock out.
- Walkers must respect client confidentiality. Friends and/or children should not be present on visits.
- Due to the bonding that occurs between our staff members and the pets in their care, we request that employees try to make a commitment to working with Floofins & Co. for ONE YEAR This request is not intended to change the traditional relationship of employment at will.
- Employees must also be willing to attend training and continuing education courses as requested by Floofins & Company.
If you accept the requirements and responsibilities outlined above, then fill out our Online Application for Employment.